Sunday, July 30, 2017

Joys of Life

     There are plenty of things in life the give me immense joy.  Family for one and finding fulfillment in life is the other.  I originally started this blog during troubling times in my freshman year of college.  I was actually the smartest or the brightest then.  I was so fixated on finding the perfect girl and having that movie star college life.  Sure it had it moments.  I wasn't even 19 at the time and fast forward five years later at 24, I still don't have it all together.  At this point in my life all of my grandparents are deceased.  I'm haunted by the relationships I truly wanted but felt I didn't quite deserve.  I have ran and hid from responsibilities I needed to do, and neglected crucial moments that needed my undivided attention.

     Fortunately I graduated from college with very few problems but a lot of added frustration.  I spent too much time dwelling on things that really didn't matter.  I was too afraid to make the big changes I needed to make.  I came short on the things I wanted to truly do.  The best thing about myself today is that I am always willing to learn and make adjustments.  When I need to learn a new skill, I prepare for it.  When things that are unexpected arise, I step up to the challenge.  It has been a big part of me growing up.  I am definitely a lot wiser and more dedicated then I was in the past.  However, I am still my number one critique.  I know what will bring me down and ultimately what will bring me back up.

Always and forever,

Just Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment